I am a 42-year old husband and father. I was an avid computer gamer and DOF, F-stops and the like were foreign to me until my wife introduced me to photography.

I began shooting during the latter part of March 2010 and quickly became addicted to it. I started this blog to share my journey and to learn along the way. Special thanks to my wife Eng who encouraged me and to all my friends in Blogosphere who shared their knowledge and taught me to further this craft.

View my complete profile

 
 

the gentleman

the gentleman

9 comments:

MadSnapper

dave this is my favorite of all your portraits, he looks so real i want to touch his skin. beautiful, really beautiful

Lorilee

I love the textures in the portrait.
Blessings,
Lorilee

Christine

Wonderful! His face has so much character and life.

Photos by Stan

Helluva great portrait! Everything about it works -- color, lighting, detail. And what a superb visage! Only the eye-patch and/or parrot is missing -- lol.

Kathy

He certainly looks like a real pirate to me!

Scott Law

I think its the Dread Pirate Robert from The Princess Bride. Seriously though, great portrait.

Mustang Sally

Yo ho ho! What a fabulous shot.

Carolina

What a wonderful portrait. Har har and a bottle of rum!

LV

That is an amazing picture of that man. Such clarity and almost count the hairs on his chin. Beautiful work.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, visits and encouragement.