I am a 42-year old husband and father. I was an avid computer gamer and DOF, F-stops and the like were foreign to me until my wife introduced me to photography.

I began shooting during the latter part of March 2010 and quickly became addicted to it. I started this blog to share my journey and to learn along the way. Special thanks to my wife Eng who encouraged me and to all my friends in Blogosphere who shared their knowledge and taught me to further this craft.

View my complete profile

 
 

a friend in happiness, a friend in sadness




I was having a hard time deciding which one to post, so I ended up posting both!! By the way this is a miniature bottle.

Visit Wordless Wednesday to see more

6 comments:

dennisthemennis.co.uk

I prefer no.2 because it seems much richer in colour. Lovely, lovely shot.

Julie Jordan Scott

Both are happy/sad....or moreso when together.

Poignant.

Ebie

I concur! Though I am no beer drinker.

I love the colors!

"Lillagul"

Nice shots on the Whiskey bottle !
I have a miniature bottle from Jamesons that I bought in there destillery in Dublin :)

Jay

Hmm. Difficult choice! On balance, I think No. 2 is better, but both have good points!

Nice subject, well lit, too!

Mojo

Well first off I'll have to make an atrocious pun and say "nice double shot" (if you don't get it, don't worry about it). But seriously, they both are phenomenal shots.

And I'd love to know what you used for a background -- if anything. I've been trying to come up with something completely non-reflective for work like this and haven't managed to find anything yet. The closest I've come is some black canvas, which does a pretty good job of not reflecting light, but also had a pattern to it that has to be burned out. I have yet to figure out how to create that "disembodied" effect without heavy post-processing.

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments, visits and encouragement.